Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AG-style gifts

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are you giving someone an historical American Girl-style gift?

    While being hopefully vague enough in order to not ruin any plots from their stories . . .

    A Felicity gift is one of great sacrifice.

    An Josefina gift is the gift of a holiday play or production.

    A Kirsten gift is a gift of yourself, like caroling or cooking.

    An Addy gift is a gift of charity.

    A Samantha gift is a special homemade present.

    A Kit gift is "recycling" something old and making it new again.

    A Molly gift is keeping something hidden until Christmas.

    What AG-style gifts are you giving this year, and in the style of which AG?

    [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pajamarose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2004
    Posts
    265
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a neat post!

    I am pretty sure we will touch on all of them in one way or another.

    Definately Kit - my dd's outgrown toys will go to my young neices's.


    Lea


    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm having a Samantha style Christmas, since I'm not overly rich with the start of a business. Besides, I think those things mean more then other gifts. For Grandma, I'm cross stitching an angel wall hanging for her. For Daddy, I'm making him a big, comfy plaid quilt. And for Mama, I'm going to make her a Rosary in her favorite type of gemstone. Since I'm single and don't exchange higher then $10 gifts with friends, these are the most important ones this year. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wouldn't it be neat to have a holiday with a gift inspired by each of the holiday stories? They're all so neat! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    A gift I like to do, similar to what Addy might have done, is Operation Christmas Child. There is more information here: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

    Samantha-style gifts are usually the ones I end up giving, and already made a miniature for my mom's doll. Mare, I have a similar problem to you--I had to put a $10 limit on gifts for my family!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rafferty's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a cool post Melissa! I think we will be doing a combination of the "girls" Christmas. We always adopt a family and have a great time going out and getting and wrapping their presents. We even cook a meal for them as well..VERY FUN!

    DD usually makes something for her grandparents and teachers. This year she is making bracelets for the ladies, and scarfs for the men and she's already started those. We also will be making cookies, etc. for neighbors,etc.

    Shelly

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a cool post!I don't know what kind of Christmas I am going to have!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •